In today’s news; Volkswagon, Audi disclose data breach of 3.3 million customer records; the RCMP violated Privacy Act using facial AI; and a first hand look at a ransomware attack, recovery.
Cybersecurity Daily News is a curated list of relevant Cybersecurity and Information Security news from around the globe.
Brought to you by
- Promoting diversity in tech, and encouraging the next generation of cyber security professionals – information-age.com
- Sky Lakes Medical: A First-Hand Look at Fall Ransomware Attack, Recovery – healthitsecurity.com
- Volkswagen, Audi disclose data breach impacting over 3.3 million customers, interested buyers – msn.com
- RCMP use of Clearview AI facial recognition service violated Privacy Act, says report – itworldcanada.com
- Ransomware is biggest online threat to people in UK, spy agency chief to warn – theguardian.com
- What We Owe To Ransomware Gangs – forbes.com
- SolarWinds hack emboldened cyber attackers for ransomware attack spree – yahoo.com
- Ransomware attacks in Alaska? They’re already here – newsminer.ca
- Wray: FBI frowns on ransomware payments despite recent trend – lowellsun.com
- Anne Neurberger Provides Attorneys General Overview of White House’s Ransomware Strategy – govconwire.com
- Protecting Your ERP System From Cybersecurity Breaches – techfinancials.zo.ca
- Ransom DDoS Update: The Hunt For Unprotected Assets – radware.com
- Putin claims Russia is NOT behind cyber attacks and election meddling – and hints critic Alexei Navalny may die in jail – thesun.co.uk
- Nigeria: Cyber-Attacks During Covid-19 Enhanced Security Skills – Report – allafrica.com
- Singapore Cyber Attack Surge – cybersecurityintelligence.com
- Dealing with cyber criminals: Some NZ businesses ‘feel they have no choice but to pay’ – nzherald.co.nz
- False: No cyber breach in NIC email system says Government – oneindia.com
- Data breach exposed data of Indian officials, claims report – But govt denies – techradar.com
- Two firms in Singapore fined S$43,000 in total over personal data breaches affecting Mindef, SAF personnel – malaymail.com
- Chinese Hackers Believed to be Behind SITA, Air India Data Breach – thehackernews.com
Cybersecurity Daily News is a curated list of daily news articles produced by Rogue Security Intelligence Services from a number of sources around the world. Sign-up below to receive daily news directly to your inbox.